With the clocks having gone back, this week Axis for Business reveals five ways to manage your employees’ time, to ensure your small company remains profitable.
Time is Money
As an independent energy and telecoms provider, who strives to ensure that small businesses across the UK get the best deals out there, Axis for Business understands the value of time. Time, as they say, is money.
Therefore, you need to protect your and your employees’ time; as a knight would a fair maiden in the days of Camelot. By using everyone’s time effectively, you ensure bottom lines rise, rather than fall.
Use These Five Tips to Effectively Manage Time in the Office
In actual fact, it’s fairly easy to manage your employees’ time, to ensure your small company makes the most out of the amount it has, by implementing the following five tips from Axis for Business…
1) Introduce Flexi-Time: Not all employees can do a nine –to-five schedule. Some just aren’t built for it. Introduce flexible working schedules, to ensure you get them at the time of the day when they are at their most productive.
2) Make a Routine: If you all know what you’re supposed to be doing, and when you’re supposed to be doing it, you’ll find that things get done, because you have that deadline in mind to stick to. That’s why it’s always a good idea to draw up routines for your employees, so they know what to do with their time.
3) Plan for the Unexpected: Whilst it’s good to have a routine to manage time, it shouldn’t be too rigid. This is because unexpected issues come up at work that your employees have to deal with; that is why you should always factor the unexpected into any employee routine.
4) Avoid Distractions: In the modern age, there are more distractions in the workplace than ever, which means that employees use more time to complete tasks than they need to. Ban Facebook, Twitter, smartphones etc. to reduce distractions and safeguard your employees’ time.
5) Schedule Breaks: We’re not just talking lunch here; we’re talking little breaks throughout the day. Everyone spirits flag at some point, and you don’t want your employees’ attention to wander. Scheduling beaks for them to look forward to will stop this from happening.
The Rise of Productivity
Once you have implemented these tips to manage employee time in your office, watch, as suddenly productivity goes up. As it does, you can be sure that it will have a positive effect on your company’s bottom line.