This week, Axis for Business looks at some common business energy cutting techniques and asks, how much money can your business save on energy?
At Axis for Business, We Put You First
If you’re looking to cut down how much you spend on your energy and utilities bills, look no further. Axis for Business is the telecoms and energy provider who is able to keep your bills low, because we are truly independent.
At Axis for Business, we’ve managed to stay competitive simply because we put our customers first. We’re always looking for the best deals to help you save money, and the fact that the average business wastes between 10% and 20% of the energy they buy each year, suggests this is an area we can help you claw back some cash.
Last week, we told you about some of the most effective energy saving measures you can use to trim down your energy bill. This week, we want to let you know how much you can save simply by implementing them.
How Much Can You Save…
- By Turning Your Laptops Off: Leave the laptops on when you’re not using them, and you’re using more electricity than you need, electricity you’re going to have to pay for. Did you know that single computer, left on for a single day, costs over £50 a year? That really adds up!
- By Switching the Lights Off: Break your staff out of the habit of leaving the lights on in the day, and you can actually shave 15% off of your electricity bill!
- By Turning the Heating Down: Did you know that inefficient heating is actually one of the top reasons your energy bills are so high? If you lower the heating by even 1 degree, you can shave 10% from your heating bill!
- By Switching Appliances Off at the Wall: If you take the extra few steps to turn your appliances off at the wall before you leave, you can save another £30 a year!
- By Installing Energy Saving Light bulbs: There’s a reason they call them energy saving light bulbs. Install a standard 20w energy saving bulb, and skim £60 off the energy bill over the course of its lifetime!
It may not seem like much, but if you implement these measures, and make sure you promote energy saving in the office so they work, it’ll add up. You’ll save a lot of money on your energy bills; money you can then invest back into your business!